Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is She Carrying An Egg???

I am looking after my friends budgie. Her name is Flippy, and she might be carrying an egg. The father? Either Sky or Calypso, but i'm not too sure which male it is..


My suspicions started yesterday when Flippy made a few trips to the nest box. Upon looking inside the box, I noticed that the nesting material was moved around. Most of it was piled by the entrance. In a corner, there was no nesting material. Flippy had cleared an area for the eggs.


I thought that her mate was Sky, due to the fact that Flippy went to him after leaving the nest box. He then fed her. Just now, after leaving the box, Calypso started flirting with Flippy, then he fed her. Is budgie bonding supposed to be this confusing???


I also noticed that Flippy has been constantly preening her feathers and eating more. Right now she is eating, while everyone else plays around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment